Melissas Paperie

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Holiday cards: PTI Blog Hop



Welcome! I went a little crazy with all the beautiful color inspiration photos and created four cards! I had so much fun using new goodies and the great colors!



Photobucket

For this card, I used the Menorah Medley die to cut the Menorah into my cardfront. I stamped the sentiment and then impressed it with the Linen IP. I then also cut two more menorahs from Hawaiian Shores and Simply Chartreuse to use for the candles and flames.



Photobucket

I stamped the background of this card using BB:Super Stripes with Hawaiian Shores ink onto HS cardstock. I cute the square with the Limitless Layers: Square die and used Peace, Love and Joy to stamp the greeting in Hibiscus Burst ink.



Photobucket

This card has a background impression using Herringbone onto Ocean Tides cardstock. I cut the Star of David (from Menorah Medley dies) with Aqua Mist cardstock and adhered the matching circle behind, cut from Soft Stone.



Photobucket

The last card uses two impression plates: Herringbone for the Ripe Avocado cardstock and Peace Be Still for the Scarlet jewel portion. The image and sentiment, from In the Meadow, were stamped with A Muse ink onto Sweet Blush cardstock. A Sweet Blush satin ribbon was added.

Phew! Thanks for taking a look at my cards!
Melissa

30 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow !! You have been busy Love all your cards for different reason couldn't possibly pick a favourite x

Laurie said...

You were one busy girl! I love every card! The die cutting on the first one is so fun! It looks great! I adore the strips on the second card and the embossing on the third is amazing! The pink bow on the last card makes me happy! :)

Leora said...

I love your chanukah cards!

Cecilie said...

Wow - great cards. The top one is my absolute favorite; it is so clean and perfect.

samantha's cards said...

fabulous creations, all of them.

Nancy Penir said...

Background on the first card looks like ancient stone, love the effect! Each card is a standout beauty.

Rhonda said...

Love all the different cards. You have been busy.

Anonymous said...

Wow - four cards?!! You are amazing. ;-) All of your cards are so pretty. You've done such a great job with each of the challenges you used. Beautiful! ;-)

pamela said...

Wow the Menorah is amazing!

Tracey McNeely said...

All of your card are gorgeous!

Joyce said...

Wow--you did such an incredible job on all your cards. I have to say, that I love the Chanukah cards the most, and am pinning them for inspiration. I got my goodies too late to use them for this hop, but I will be making some Chanukah cards this year, and they will probably look just like yours!

Audrey said...

So many beautiful cards! I can't possibly pick a favorite! Love the Linen IP on the first card - such a nice subtle, perfect touch!

Suzanne Russell said...

All four are just gorgeous! It's hard to choose, but I think my favorite is the second Hanukkah card or maybe the Dashing Through the Snow! Or maybe one of the others...Great job on each one. : )

Terri said...

They are all great. I especially like the Hanukkah cards though!

Anonymous said...

Elegant assortment of cards. You have been busy creating beauty.

Nancy said...

WOW! I love them all! So simple and elegant! I think my favs are also the Chanukah cards!

donna said...

Gorgeous! You are melting my resolve to not buy the Hanukkah products. Your cards are phenomenal.

Marybeth said...

Each card is gorgeous! I love the embossed first card. I think I do that on almost all cards it will show up on. Your Chanukah cards are just beautiful , wonderful job!

victoria h said...

wow- 4 cards! They are all fab but the pink and blue card is my favourite.

Cindy H. said...

Wow, what gorgeous cards! Love them all.

merry said...

Melissa, they're all beautiful! And of course I love the Hanukkah cards!

GabrielaD said...

Great cards!!

Kara said...

great cards!!!

Jacquie Southas said...

Fabulous!! love the Star of David and Dashing Through the Snow - just beautiful!

Karen C. said...

The Hanukkah cards are beautiful. I love the way that you used the colours in the first card! Wonderful variety of cards for the holiday season.

Unknown said...

You were a very busy girl!!! WAY TO GO! I love each of these...so different, yet all wonderful. The Hanukkah card with the Ocean Tides Combo is awesome -- love the herringbone impression plate! Also love the first one with the blues and greens...that little bit of texture...lovely! Thanks for sharing these lovlies! :)

Annheidel said...

Wow! I already originally thought to do a card for every color combo, but only managed one. lol Great cards!

Meredith MacRitchie said...

WOW. I don't even know where to start - these are ALL so beautiful! I can't believe the patience you have to assemble that menorah!! I don't know which one I like best, because you did so fantastic with every theme!!

Lee said...

All your cards are fabulous but I really love the first Hannukah card...so many die cut details.

Greta said...

Love your style! Great cards--I especially love the first one & the last one.