Melissas Paperie

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

June Card Kit

Yes, I am a month behind! Since we've been out of school a few weeks now, I'm finally catching up on card making. I'll be one card ahead for Father's Day next year ;)

Jen sent us a super-packed, beautiful kit to work with for June. I made two cards and have plans for more!

image

For my first card, I used the great plaid paper from the kit, the blue paper as a layer to my impressed portion, and the twine for the balloons. The stamps I used are from Birthday Style and Sketched Shapes.

image

My second card showcases the lovely sailboat image that Jen included. I created a window-effect using a piece of paper that she had sent already die-cut and impressed. My dad loves boats, so this is perfect for him!

Thanks again, Jen, for a fun kit to work with, and thanks for taking a look at my cards!

Jen and Leigh also have cards using this kit:
Melissa

4 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, these are both wonderful, Melissa! I love how you used the kit!

Jen Carter said...

I love how you used the sailboat tag behind the window! Gives it such depth! I also like the balloons/twine on the first card! Great way to use the kit!

Cheryl said...

Love these cards, especially the plaid one. Beautiful job!

Joan B said...

I love these, particularly the top one. the balloons are perfect paired with the patterned paper