Melissas Paperie

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

March PTI Blog Hop!


Our challenge this month on the PTI blog hop was to design our own background pattern and then use it in a project. Here is my background using the anniversary set, Everday Classics (although I forgot to take a photo with the full sheet, I did have a bit left after making my cards).

Here is the first card I created, a wedding/love card

and the second is a birthday card

Here is a closer view to the front


Thanks for taking a look!
Melissa

"Happily Ever After" (all products PTI unless noted)
Stamps: Everyday Classics
Ink: Hibiscus Burst, Sweet Blush, Dark Chocolate, Walnut Stain Distress and Antique Linen Distress (Ranger)
Paper: Dark Chocolate, Stamper's Select, Sweet Blush
Other: Spellbinder's Oval dies, Filigree white EP, Dark choc satin ribbon, sponge, dimensionals

"Wishing You a Happy Birthday"
Stamps: Everyday Classics
Ink: Hibiscus Burst, Sweet Blush, Dark Chocolate, Walnut Stain Distress and Antique Linen Distress (Ranger)
Paper: Hibiscus Burst, Stamper's Select, Sweet Blush and Bitty Dots
Other: sponge, pearls, dimensionals

36 comments:

Debbie said...

Love it - especially the little dinky hearts!!

Anonymous said...

Love the colors and the hearts are the perfect touch!

Lisa said...

I love both of your cards and how you made the flag on the second one.

BethieJ said...

Love the cards!!! Great job!

Catherine Couch Doucette said...

Very nice colors!

Jessica said...

Both cards are SO pretty! Love the paper you created.

Unknown said...

Very pretty cards!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Both cards are super. I love all of your little details like the pearl accents. You rocked the background challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Tenia Nelson said...

Gorgeous cards!!!!!!!!! tfs!!
-t

Lisa H. said...

two great cards with your background. Love them both! great job on the challenge.

Jen Caputo said...

oh wow I just looove how you used the anniversary set! Both your cards are great but I particularly love that second one :)

peggysue said...

Trying to decide what I like best, the ovals I think. Very nice!

Gwen said...

soooo beautiful!! love them both!

Dana Gustafson said...

Great work! I love all the fussy cutting you did for the tulips!

Scrapping Julie said...

awesome, awesome, awesome

Regan said...

such a pretty card!!

Karen said...

What a sweet set of cards!! Love the layered flower on the seond one. And the finished insides are great! :>

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

The hearts mixed with the flowers is GREAT!

Deanna said...

So pretty!

Daniela Dobson said...

Beautiful creations!

Anonymous said...

I love your layered flower. Darling card.

Tiffany Heilman said...

The second card has to be my favorite. Love you background paper!

Allison Cope said...

Gorgeous Melissa! Love your cards!

Ally said...

Very pretty!

Terri said...

Nice job. Cool color combo.

Lynn P. said...

Both are so pretty - love the bg and the flower

Deb Rymer said...

The hearts are a great add. Really pretty!

Vicky said...

these are fantastic!! you are really good at cutting images out (and have a lot of patience). great job!

Jennifer L. said...

Love them both! the cut out flower is great!

Kim said...

I like this color combination and the addition of the hearts. Great samples! Plus I peeked below and have to say your tulip garden card is adorable!

Dana said...

WOw Melissa! I like both cards and your BG is so pretty. The little flag on the second card is my favorite part! So clever.

Heather P. said...

Oh I love, love, love your background! So pretty!

Lizzie Jones said...

Both cards are fantastic! I love your little "flag" embellishment on the second card though. What a great way to add a little dimension!

Heidi said...

I really like both cards! Your background is so pretty!

AKiteFlier said...

Just lovely - you did a great job! Love the multi layer flower and how you flared out the tag...

Anonymous said...

What pretty cards, Melissa! I love your stamped paper!