Melissas Paperie

Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas placecards



I made some placecards for our Christmas day dinner and I was inspired to try something similar to the cards that Betsy Veldman made here (scroll down to the second set of cards).



I used Berry Sorbet and Pure Poppy carstock with my Label One die and then machine stitched down one side to hold it together. This is a fantastic technique that I need to try again! The placecards now stands and opens very nicely.



The ornament top is stamped from Holiday Button Bits and the circular edge is from Take Note. I tried to stamp the names, settled instead on printing them off in this beautiful font, Pavane. I'm still thinking about what we'll include on the inside--maybe a small candy??

What are you still working on? I am finished with it all, I think! The cards and written, addressed, stamped and ready to mail. The gifts are bought and mostly wrapped. We are travelling today to my family in WI--hopefully our big snow storm did not affect our flight.

I have one more post scheduled this week with a beautiful card that I copied (with permission) from Jennifer Holmes! Have a great Monday!
Melissa

(all PTI unless noted)
Stamps: Take Note, Holiday Button Bits
Ink: Smokey Shadow
Paper: Berry Sorbet, Pure Poppy, Vintage Cream
Other: Berry Sorbet and Pure Poppy buttons, Scalloped Circle Punch (Marvy), Sewing machine, DMC floss

12 comments:

IamDerby said...

these are really cute!

Leah said...

These are so cute! They will look fabulous on the table. I am done with all my Christmas preparation now to just relax these last few days:)

Diane Jaquay said...

Melissa, these are just PERFECT! I can see a mint of some kind (like an Andes or Ghirardelli chocolate mint perhaps), held inside with a glue dot. Wonderful!

Aimes said...

Hey am I invited to Christmas dinner 'cos I see a card with my name on! LOL!
Melissa these are wonderful! I love the Smokey Shadow with the Berry Sorbet and Pure Poppy and what a fabulous idea to stitch the labels (might have to case that one!)
I think a candy would be lovely inside though I'd be more than happy with just the namecard!
Have a wonderful Christmas - I've gotta do all the wrapping yet so it's gonna be a few late nights for me!
Festive Hugs,
Aimes
x

Lee said...

Wow! These are truly beautiful.

nina said...

These are so sweet! They'll look so pretty sitting on your table.

anya said...

Very pretty Melissa - I love the colors!

BethieJ said...

Melissa these are FANTASTIC! Everyone is gonna LOVE them!!!
Happy Holidays!

Belinda said...

So pretty!

The Scrapoholic said...

beautifully done!

Mara... said...

these are soooo cute! I love them! I almost wish we were hosting christmas dinner so I can make some!!

peggysue said...

Look at that little army of Christmas joy and goodness. Wow, you have been busy and for such a good result.