Melissas Paperie

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Thank You

I'm finally back to update my blog!

Of course, I'm needing thank you cards to send out after Christmas, and I found this post by Sara that made my jaw drop! I thought her cards were simply beautiful, so the next chance I had, I made some copies of her card. The only things I changed were the colors and the sentiment, and its placement.

Sara CASE 2

After a few of those, I decided to make some cards in the same style that I've made in the past, changing a few elements. No time lately to reinvent the wheel!

Ocean thank you blooms

I heat embossed the leaves from Beautiful Blooms with clear ep onto Ocean Tides cardstock, a somewhat forgotten color. (At least to me). Then I die cut and stamped the Fillable Frame image, and stamped the sentiment.

I've been busying working on my son's 6th birthday party...I'm a little behind. For him, it's all Mario, all the time, so not much stamping involved with my preparations. But I do plan to make some goodie "boxes" using a template, I think!.

Thanks for stopping by!
Melissa

8 comments:

Dana said...

I too saw Sara's cards and thought they were lovely. I like how you've moved the focal point a bit.
My 6 year old has never even HEARD of Mario! LOL Can't wait to see your boxes!

B said...

Just lovely!

Mara Campbell said...

beautiful! so clean and simple but so so lovely! I need to get started on my thank you cards.

Sara Mac said...

I'm flattered that you copied my card. I love the simplicity of it don't you? Great color choices too. The second card is great. Loved the embossed leaves. Have fun getting ready for the BD party!

BethieJ said...

Melissa I LOVE these.. both are wonderful.. and what a FUN idea to emboss the die.. must try this!!
We did a Mario theme birthday one year too.. the invites were little DS games.. Hope your son has a WONDERFUL birthday!

Kara said...

just beautiful!!

IamDerby said...

What lovely thank yous! I am so behind as well.

Cheryl said...

I love how you embossed the die! Great cards.