Melissas Paperie

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Top Ten of 2010

Hi, friends! Happy New Year!

I love seeing all the top ten posts going up, and I thought I'd look through my posts from the last year and choose my top ten favorite projects.

sept close

This is the calendar that I made for my mom's birthday using the Year of Flower series and Calendar Basics. Here is my favorite flower, Morning Glory.

WMS August

Next up is my card for the August Waltzingmouse Blog Waltz. This is the first time I used Glimmer Mist and I love how the stamped background paper looks.

Thank you Sara

I made this card for Sara, who was my proxy shopper at CHA. To me, this card is so cheerful and I love the papers and the tickets!

First and Last LO

This is my favorite scrapbook LO that I made this year! I love the backgrounds I made using School Time and clear embossing powder. And this is such a great way for me to remember my kids at this point in time.

Sprinkles and smiles

This fun, oversize card was a blast to create! I really like all the glitter!

Pretty in pink

This layout is so special to me! I'm so glad to incorporate my stamping into scrapbooking.

June PTI blog hop

This card showcases my love of the color hawaiian shores!

You've_been_so_sweet_balloons june 4

I really like the ribbon on this card. It's silk ribbon colored with Copic markers.

hello_friend may 1

LOVE the embossed background on the hawiian shores piece. A fun color combo that I rarely use!

sending_birthday_wishes January 2010 gss card

And finally, my first GSS win. This card was for my Grandma's birthday. I love the big cluster of balloons.

I'm feeling inspired to go back and copy some of these cards now.

Hope you enjoy your weekend!
Melissa

21 comments:

Mara Campbell said...

Melissa, you do such beautiful work!!! What a FUN post, seeing all your creations in one spot. I love your style and so happy for your inspiration. Happy New Year!

Tina said...

wow beautiful showcase. COngrats on the spot on PTI team...you deserve it..

Happy New Year


xo
tina
mommy scraps a lot

Sue Ann said...

Okay for sure Pretty in Pink is it for me and I am not sure if it is the layout or the subject ...... too cute. I do love all the cards you picked and I can actually think of a few Christmas ones that you did that I thought were so beautiful. Happy New Year Melissa!!! I look forward to all the goodies you will be sharing with us this year!!

Stimey said...

Your work is so beautiful. I loved reading this post.

I think I'd missed the hot air balloons before. I LOVE that one.

Nancy L. said...

Melissa, your work is amazing to see! Thanks for all the inspiration! Hope I had more time to create!
Happy New Year!!

SharonD said...

These are lovely Melissa. It was also great to read a bit more about you in the newsletter today.
I particularly like how you used the In Bloom set on your scapbooking page. I always think of that set as a 'coloring set' but those paper pieced and cut out flowers look awesome.

Unknown said...

Gorgeouse projects Melissa!! all the projects are so prtty and many are blue..:)..congrats for being featured in the PTI newsletter!

Heidi said...

all of your projects are beautiful Melissa but the layouts with the pictures are my favorites. Gotta love those sweet little faces! Too cute!

Taheerah said...

Amazing projects Melissa, truly outstanding work! I love your calendar page, beautiful colours and so elegant. Love the Sprinkles & Smiles card (how could I not with all that Cupcake Collection lol!), all those In Bloom flowers on your scrapbook page are inspired, your hot air balloons card is just so elegant, and of course your GSS win deserves special mention. Can't wait to see what you make this year!!

Cathy Weber said...

I really loved so many of your projects Melissa, but my very favorite was the scrapbook pages of the first and last day of school and the one of your super cute little girl in the pink dress. Those were great. I so hope Niki Estes sees what you did with her School Time set. Thanks for sharing your crafty year with us.

Huguenot Girl said...

Love your project Melissa - thanks for sharing. Like Taheerah my favourites are the calendar page (gorgeous colours) and I just love your hot air ballons card! Looking forward to seeing your creations in 2011! Happy New Year! Nicole

Terri said...

Great job on all of them,. I especially like the layout of your kids first and last day of school. Happy New Year!

Jen Carter said...

These are all spectacular. I'm not sure that I could narrow it down to a favorite! I really like how you use color! As I looked through each card, I just loved the colors that you put together and the balance that you achieved on each one! Very pretty!

Lee said...

I really love your scrapbook pages and the hot air balloons card is great too.

Kelly S. said...

Oh Melissa these are all sooo amazing! My special faves are your beautiful "Pretty in Pink" layout, and the lovely purple lillie card...every detail on those are just STUNNING! This is one fantastic Top 10!!!!

Kara said...

gorgeous collection.....love the lilies and of course you're amazing calendar!

Christina said...

What a beautiful collection, Melissa! I think my favorites are the Lily of the Valley and the hot air balloon cards, but they are all wonderful!

Dana said...

EEEK, I'd forgotten about a few of these beauties Melissa! So nice to see them all together. Several were in my personal top 10 of yours too!
You are really, quite talented.

B said...

Oh so fun to see the cards and projects all together! Just lovely!

Monica K. said...

Wonderful Top Ten, Melissa! They are all so gorgeous and elegant and I like all of the vibrant colors. I really love them all. You are one talented cardmaker! ;)

And by the way, congrats on being featured in the PTI newsletter! It was so fun to see you there and it is so well deserved. So happy for you! :)

IamDerby said...

So much goodness in one post! Love that morning glory.