Melissas Paperie

Saturday, July 16, 2011

hello friend

Hope you're having a great weekend! We spent the day at our community garden tilling and mulching our newly acquired, second plot! We've had so much fun with the first that we decided to also rent the one next to ours that hadn't been used yet.

We have some beautiful hybrid sunflowers growing there, and when I started coloring this card, those colors inspired me!

Photobucket

I wanted to try the technique that Nichole Heady showed in her recent post of embossing with white powder, and then coloring. I'm very happy with the results!

Photobucket

I cut the one edge of my focal image with the Edger #1 die. The sentiment, from the Think Big series, was selectively inked to get the words side-by-side. I then popped up the flower portion on foam tape and tied a small white ribbon around.

Thanks for looking!
Melissa

8 comments:

Mad for Paper said...

This is so pretty. The coloring looks great in the embossing.
TFS
Ang

Sue Ann said...

WOW you should love how this turned out, it is ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!

Amy Dann said...

This is gorgeous! Love the use of the edger die on the side of the card!

Aimes said...

Love the white embossing on this beauty, Melissa! Y'know if you fancied it you could enter this card into our current challenge on A Passion for Papertrey (no pressure though!)
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Jen Adcock said...

Pretty Pretty! The embossing then coloring is so effective here. I love the edged bit of the focal frame too. Gorgeous card!

Debbie Gaydos said...

This is STUNNING! I've been wanting to try this technique also. You've inspired me! And I can't wait to get some of the jar stuff, I'm planning to order it in my next order! :)

Elena said...

beautiful! You're inspiring me to try this out. And I love the edged border bringing attention to the sentiment on the left - great job!

DF said...

This is so gorgeous! Love the white embossing; the flowers just pop. ...can't keep resisting those jars!.... And I love the way you used the edger too.