Melissas Paperie

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Thank You

Hope you had a happy 4th of July, or a great weekend to my friends not in the US!

I made a card to play along with summer card camp's week 2 color challenge.




These color made me think nature...probably helps that I have our vegetable garden on my mind a lot lately!

Photobucket

I stamped a background using the 2009 PTI Anniversary set, Round and Round, using Summer Sunrise for the sunflower image and Simply Chartreuse for the leaves onto Vintage Cream cs. The base of the card is Orange Zest and the next layer is Pure Poppy. The trim came from Emma's Paperie, although I can't remember the manufacturer.

For the focal image, I stamped the Fillable Frame with Versamark, and clear embossed it. I added the sentiment (also from Round and Round), colored some gems with a green Copic, and added them.

Thanks for coming by!
Melissa

4 comments:

Joyce said...

Stunning. Great take on the colors. It does really make me think of a garden.

Kitty said...

It actually reminds me of Italy! You see lovely pottery with lemon designs all over Italy and this reminds me of that :) Great job!

Lee said...

This is beautiful. So bright and cheery.

Anne B said...

Beautiful, Melissa. Very fresh looking with that green. Love your background paper and the trim. Makes me want to break out my round and round again :)