Melissas Paperie

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Celebrate today and every day

Hope you had a great weekend!

Here's a card I made using an older set, Banner Basics, and a new one, Happy Trails. When I saw that there were two mirror image birds included in the set, I knew I wanted to try out this idea.

Photobucket

I also used Polka Dot Basics to stamp some dots at the bottom of the cream cardstock. This card is an odd size: 5.5 x 7 inches. I used Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores and a Colorbox yellow ink. The ribbon came from a giveaway from Monica (thanks, again!!).

Have a wonderful week!
Melissa

8 comments:

Sara Mac said...

This is so adorable Melissa!! I love this idea. I really like that you stamped some polka dots under the ribbon too. I held off on ordering this month, but now I'm rethinking it. Your medallion card doesn't help me resist either:)

Sue Ann said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE it all ...... cannot wait for Happy Trails to arrive to it's new home :)

Leah said...

So cute! I love the birds with the banner, I have had my eye on that set....

Monica K. said...

Beautiful card, Melissa! The birds holding the banner is so fun. I can't wait to play with my Happy Trails set. And I'm so glad you're enjoying your ribbon! :) I love the polka dots you stamped underneath it. Such a cool touch!

Aimes said...

Love it when we get those 'a-ha!' moments - those birds make this design totally work!
Love the gorgeous colour combo too!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Joan B said...

love this card!

Petr@ said...

Very cute Melissa!!!

Jen Carter said...

Cute!! I love how you paired the sets together!! Really cute!