Melissas Paperie

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Mehndi Medallion cards

Happy Summer Solitice!

I've been playing around with the new Mehndi Medallion stamp set, such a great value at $5! Today I'll share three cards.

Photobucket

The first one was stamped using a Memento ink ( I thought it was Rose Bud, but it's not) and Simply Chartreuse (PTI). I just tied on a Simply Chartreuse satin ribbon.

Photobucket

For this card, I stamped the medallion image with Versamark and heat embossed with clear detail powder to create the background. The vases come from Gracious Vasea and the sentiment is from Delightful Dahlia.

Photobucket

This card was made using Happy Trails (the trails, dragonflies and sentiment), and then I went back and stamped some of the little medallions in the background with Versamark, heat embossed again, and then inked around the medallions and edges with Antique Linen Distress Ink (Ranger).

Thanks for taking a look!
Melissa

6 comments:

Anita said...

I looooooove these cards, and these stamps! Where can I get the stamps?

Great job, as always. :)

Nicki S said...

These are BEAUTIFUL! I'm jealous...the Mehndi Medallion and Gracious Vases are on my wishlist!!!! Great colors and the ribbon is a great accent!

Mara Campbell said...

Oh my goodness, these cards are amazing. What a fun and versatile stampset, the medallions. I love that first one with just the stamped and the tied ribbon. But they are all gorgeous!!

Sara Mac said...

Melissa, I just want you to know that you are responsible for me placing a Papertrey order this month! I was trying to hold out and take a month off and then you posted that card with the birds holding the banner. You made me reconsider ordering. AND THEN you posted these three cards!!! I went straight to the store and ordered the medallion and happy trails. I want the vases too, but didn't get them. So please don't post any more amazing cards using the vases:) LOL!!! Love these cards girl!

LittleSurferGirl said...

Gosh, I can't wait till the 23rd. I didn't order anything last month but the vases are on my "I WILL get" list. Along with the medallion! And you're making me reconsider Happy Trails. Ugh! Great cards!

Jen Carter said...

These are all gorgeous!! Love them all! If I had to choose my favorite is probably the middle one with the vases! Such beautiful work!