Melissas Paperie

Sunday, June 3, 2012

WMS Sketch 100

Hope you had a great weekend! Once again, I haven't blogged in a while...it's just hard to find the time! I knew I had to play along with the 100th WMS Sketch challenge, and that I had to use French Country.


I heat embossed the background panel onto Winter Wisteria cardstock using clear detail powder. All the stamped images are from French Country, and I used Royal Velvet, New Leaf and Winteria Wisteria inks.

Photobucket

Still not sure I like the little resin flowers just there, but I'm happy enough :)

Thanks for taking a look!

Melissa

"Bon Anniversaire"
Stamps: French Country (WMS)
Paper: Kraft, Winter Wisteria, Rustic Cream (PTI)
Ink: Winter Wisteria, Royal Velvet, New Leaf (PTI)
Other: Royal Velvet satin ribbon, foam tamp, clear detail embossing powder (Filigree)

13 comments:

Suzanne said...

Melissa, this is so beautiful! Love the colors you chose!!!

Joyce said...

This is a very beautiful card. I like how you featured some of the smaller, delicate images from the French Country set.

Kelly S. said...

Oh so pretty, Melissa! I just love the colors and the sweet little floral paper you created. That fancy French County is luscious in lavender :) The resin flowers are the perfect embellishment. Happy 100th sketch! So glad you could play this week!

Cheryl said...

So pretty! I love the purples and green, and I especially love the strip on the left. I do like the resin flowers, too.

Mara Campbell said...

This is gorgeous!! Love the color combo and that tied bow and those awesome resin flowers!!

Lynn Mercurio said...

This is lovely, Melissa. The kraft and purple is a great combo. Love the "bouquet" of fun flowers coupled with that beautiful panel you stamped. I'm so happy you could join us for our 100th sketch celebration with Waltzingmouse Stamps!

Renee said...

Oh, Melissa I LOVE these colors!!
And the beautiful stamped panel with that fabulous border..
gorgeous! :)
I'm so glad you could play with us and celebrate our 100th sketch! :)

Jeanne J. said...

Hi Melissa! Wow I love that purple border stamp and satiny bow against the kraft paper - just gorgeous contrast! I think the resin flowers look great too! Stunning card!

Stephanie said...

What a beautiful card Melissa & I just love your blog :) x

Stephanie said...

What a beautiful card Melissa & I just love your blog :) x

anya said...

Melissa, this is beautiful - I love how you used some of the accent images to create a fantastic focal point! Lovely colors, too. So glad you could join us for this week's special WMSC!

Edna Morrisedie said...

I love the stamped panel with the purple strip at the side, looks great! Thanks so much for playing along with the Mischief Makers on this special occasion!!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

This is gorgeous! I love the strip of purple on the side and those dainty flowers in the label! Great color combo, too!