Melissas Paperie

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

A butterfly box



Ok, not really a box to put butterflies in (although I guess you could), but a box decorated with butterflies. I wanted to do something different than a card, so I found this cute box at my local big box craft store. I had made a few of these in the past and had enjoyed it.

I painted it a pewter gray and the drawers got vanilla, and then I covered it with this beautiful paper from the Ambrosia line by Basic Grey. I cut out a few butterflies, lined them with gems and adhered them to the top with some mini glue dots. Fun! I'm adding this to my Etsy shop in case you are interested!



Thanks for looking!
Melissa

5 comments:

B said...

Very cool! The dimension you added to the butterfly is stunning

Val said...

Melissa,
This is awesome! I love that Basic Grey paper too. Came out great.

Cheryl said...

So, so pretty! I love the butterflies that landed. Beautiful.

peggysue said...

I'm very glad you made a box with paper butterflies instead of a box to trap butterflies. :) I like them fluttering about or used in pretty creations in paper like this box here. Very nice paper choice

Mara Campbell said...

beaaaautiful!!! Those butterflies are gorgeous, what a pretty box!!