Melissas Paperie

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Card for a (pregnant) friend



I have a friend who is pregnant and I wanted to make her and her husband a card to congratulate them. I didn't want to say "welcome baby" or something to that effect, as clearly the baby is not here yet! I made this card and I think that it fits what I was trying to do.

I used Background Basics: Retro for the plaid background ( I won this set from the May Blog Hop, thanks PTI!), the pram and sentiment come from Bitty Baby Blessings.



Here's the inside of the card:


I made an extra to put in my Etsy shop, so you can find it there if you are interested (top right hand side). Thanks for taking a look!
Melissa

"Baby Makes Three" (all products PTI unless noted)
Stamps: Background Basics: Retro, Bitty Baby Blessings
Ink: White (Stampin' Up), Dark Chocolate, Vintage touch ink duo
Paper: Kraft, Vintage Cream, Lemon Tart, LilyKate PP (Basic Grey)
Other: Cream satin ribbon (Michael's), dimensionals

8 comments:

Val said...

The card is just perfect. Great job, I love it.

BethieJ said...

Melissa that is DARLING!!!!
Your friends will love it!
Have a GREAT weekend!

Mara Campbell said...

So cute! That is perfect!!

IamDerby said...

This is so stylish!! Love it!

Leah said...

So clean and classic:)

peggysue said...

That background basic retro is so tempting. You paired it up nicely with the baby set, and I like the pop up of the carriage.

Lee said...

Love the white background on the Kraft cs. One of my favourite combos.

Aimes said...

Super card! Love the layout and colours! Oooh you lucky thing, winning a PTI stamp set! You've definitely put it to good use!
Thanks for the lovely welcome to the PTI forum and your sweet comment over on my blog!
Stamping Hugs!
Aimes
x