Melissas Paperie

Thursday, June 25, 2009

PTI June Blog Hop



PTI June Blog Hop "Summer is FULL of so many wonderful colors, sights & sounds! This month your challenge is to get inspired by the lazy days of summer and reflect your inspiration in a project of your choice! Whether it be the colors in your favorite summer treats, the pattern on your bathing suit & beach towel or even the texture of the sand between your toes, use any or all of these things as a springboard for your design. Please be sure to share an image found online, in a magazine or a photo you have taken yourself that communicates your point of inspiration within the body of your blog post! With everyone's amazing contributions, this ought to be one of the most colorful Blog Hops yet! We look forward to seeing you there!"

So it's been awhile since I updated my blog...I haven't really been doing much creatively lately, but I'm not sure why. But I did make this fun project for our little friend's birthday and I realized that it perfectly fits the theme for the PTI June Blog Hop.



I made a Timeless Template called Pack a Picnic, which is easy to make and so cute! I lined the outside and inside with Cosmo Cricket papers from the Snorkel line. I stamped some adorable fish and an octopus from Kim Hughes' Ocean Friends stamp set and colored them with my copics. (I am brand new to Copics and somewhat anxious to share my coloring...let me know if you have any hints for me!)



I added swedish fish and gummy lifesavers (which fit the theme well, I thought) and inside the ribbon-wrapped tin is some money for the birthday girl to treat herself!



Thanks for looking!
Melissa

"Happy Birthday" (all products PTI unless noted)
Template: Pack a Picnic (Lauren Meader, PTI)
Stamps: Damask Designs, Ocean Friends (CFH)
Ink: Rich Cocoa ( Momento) and Walnut Stain (Ranger)
Paper: Vintage Cream, Summer Sunrise, Pure Poppy, New Leaf and Snorkel papers (Cosmo Cricket)
Other: New Leaf Grosgrain, sponge, dimensionals, scor tape, Copic markers and Spica glitter pen, green brads, EK Success edge punch

35 comments:

peggysue said...

What a sweet gift for your friend, and yes, it does fit the blog hop theme perfectly, so colorful and summery.

Lindsay said...

My birthday is March 1!

Laurel Beard said...

I love this. I love the colors. I love how your lid is different than the body of the basket. TFS.

Heather P. said...

This is just too cute!!

Tenia Nelson said...

Love this to pieces!!!!! tfs!!

Bethany Paull said...

How cute! Makes me want to grab my sand bucket and head to the beach. Very creative use for that template!

Bonnie Lynn said...

Way too cute.

Geny said...

Oh that basket is so cute! Love it love it love it!

BethieJ said...

Melissa this turned out soooo CUTE!! LOVE the colors.. your friend is gonna LOVE it!
Have a GREAT night!

Terri said...

Very cute!

Jessica said...

So cute! Love the fun bright colors!

Janelle said...

Great idea to line the inside, too! Nice job with the template.

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Love your funky dsp. Super job with the fun summer challenge. Thanks for the great eye candy.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Regan said...

such a totally fun project!

Tiffany Heilman said...

Love the fun bright colors! Great use of the timeless template.

Kay D said...

This is a great gift and a great project; it's just so bright and happy- I want one too!

Julia Aston said...

Love your pretty box - and the bright papers you used - what a fun box!

Kim said...

How fun! I love all the colors on your basket!

Susan said...

What a great gift! I love that paper, so bright and cheerful!

Deanna said...

So super cute!

Allison Cope said...

Super cute project Melissa! Love the detail you put into it!

Lori said...

So cute!!

Maria L. said...

Awesome project. This is one my favorites so far. Love how you used this picnic basket template but really made it feel more like a bucket (at least that is how I'm totally seeing it!) Wonderful blog hop project, Melissa!

Debbie Olson said...

Darling basket--love that Snorkel paper too!

Randee E said...

I love the basket, so bright and fun! YOu did an excellent job!

Heidi said...

Great job! This little basket of goodies is adorable!!

Cheryl said...

Love it! That paper is wonderful.

Katy Myhre said...

Great job! TFS

Jen said...

Kiera loved this! Now if I can just get her to stop comsuming all of the candy! Ha!

Lee said...

Absolutely lovely. This is my favourite Timeless Template by far.

IamDerby said...

this is all kinds of gorgeous! nice job!

Anonymous said...

good afternoon ppl. I'm honestly into shoes and I have been looking for the sake of that exact model. The prices due to the fact that the boots were approximately 200 bucks on every page. But definitively I bring about this location selling them for the benefit of half price. I exceptionally like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will definetly purchase these. what can you tell me about these?

Anonymous said...

hi everyone. I'm actually into shoes and I had been looking for the sake of that particular brand. The prices for the velcros are approximately 210 pounds on every site. But definitively I found this locate selling them for half price. I exceptionally love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably buy them. what can you say about it?

Anonymous said...

good morning fellas. I'm actually into shoes and I was looking as far as something that exact make. The prices as regards the shoes are about 350 bucks on every site. But finally I set this area selling them someone is concerned half price. I really love these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly buy them. what can you say about it?

Anonymous said...

hello there, quality website
the easiest way to create blog posts which smash in your visitors:
http://tinyurl.com/ykyfxyy