Melissas Paperie

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Designer's Favorite Colors challenge

There is no end in sight for the snow around here! It is snowing again and now school has been cancelled until next Tuesday (Monday is a Holiday)!! The Federal government is shut down again tomorrow, so at least my husband is not missing out in the fun of being stuck indoors with two kids fill of energy!

The great part is that I had lots of time today to make some cards. PTI's challenge du jour is to use one of the design team member's favorite colors to complete a card. The first one I chose is the card I will share here. The other four cards can be viewed in my online gallery at Papertrey Ink here .



Enchanted Evening is my favorite PTI color, so I knew I wanted to try this combo first. I've never paired it with Raspberry Fizz--so fun! The layout of my card is inspired by a card by Kelly Lunceford. See it here .



I made the background by stamping the floral pattern from BB: Petal Power in Enchanted Evening onto Kraft cardstock. The leaves and cut out flowers are from Blooming Button Bits, and the "thinking of you" sentiment is from Autumn Abundance.

Thanks for looking!
Melissa

"Thinking of you" (All PTI unless noted)
Stamps: Background Basics: Petal Power, Blooming Button Bits, Autumn Abundance
Ink: Enchanted Evening, Dark Chocolate, Raspberry Fizz
Paper: Enchanted Evening, Dark Chocolate, Raspberry Fizz and Kraft
Other: Enchanted Evening Satin ribbon, Enchanted Evening buttons, Rustic cream twine, Oval and scalloped oval Nestabilities Dies, sponge

3 comments:

B said...

Oh lovely! Love the way you used the colors!

Heather P. said...

This is SO pretty!!

Taheerah said...

Oh wow, I *love* this Melissa - stunning!!