Melissas Paperie

Friday, February 5, 2010

Thank You

I'm back today with a card for the latest PTI anniversary challenge. Papertrey Ink is turning 3--happy birthday to one of my favorite stamp companies! The technique featured in today's challenge is embossed resist--you basically heat emboss an image and then wipe ink over it, and it will resist the ink!



I stamped a few rows of the pretty flowers from Background Basics: Petal Power with Versamark, heat embossed with clear ep and sponged Ocean Tides ink over the whole piece of card stock. Then, I stamped the "Thank You" in dark chocolate. The rest is self-explanatory, but let me know if you have any questions!

Be sure to check back this weekend--tomorrow is my blogaversary!

I also wanted to mention that my friend Jen has been blogging about her amazing journey. She won a local "biggest-loser"-style weight loss competition last spring, and is chronicling her efforts with exercise and eating right. And, there may be prizes involved! See her blog here .

Melissa

"Thank You" (all PTI unless noted)
Stamps: Background Basics: Petal Power, Big & Bold Wishes
Ink: Versamark, Dark Chocolate, Ocean Tides, Antique Linen and Walnut Stain (Ranger)
Paper: Vintage Cream, Dark Chocolate
Other: Clear Detail Embossing Powder (Filigree), sponge, Threading Water punch (Fiskars), Vintage Cream twill ribbon, pearls

9 comments:

Jackie Solomon said...

This looks great, I love the variation you were able to get with the blue.

Aimes said...

Fabby card, Melissa! I love your embossing! Wish I could have taken part in time for the deadline but at least I've got a reason to look forward to Mondays now ;D
Happy Blogaversary for tomorrow!
x

Heather P. said...

This is SO pretty!

Sara Mac said...

Wonderful card Melissa! I love the look of Petal Power when it's embossed.

Kim said...

I LOVE these embossed flowers with Ocean Tides! Beautiful!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Pretty Card! I like the Petal Power and may have to add that to my ever growing 'must have it list'.

Taheerah said...

Visually stunning thanks to that killer colour combo! Beautiful work Melissa!

Diane Jaquay said...

Beautiful!!

BethieJ said...

Melissa this is FABULOUS!!! I LOVE the colors you used!!!!