Melissas Paperie

Thursday, February 11, 2010

With Sympathy

Sadly, I've needed a couple of sympathy cards lately. I wanted to play along with Melissa Phillip's latest color inspiration photo, and decided that the soft colors would be good for a sympathy card.

Here is the beautiful photo Melissa chose from the blog A Creative Mint .


And here is my card:


Don't forget to enter to win my Blogaversary gift, a $10 gift certificate to Papertrey Ink or Amazon, your choice! Enter on this post here . I will draw for the winner on Saturday!

Thanks for looking!
Melissa

"With Sympathy" (all PTI unless noted)
Stamps: Polka Dot Basics, Out on a Limb, Birds of a Feather
Ink: Dark Chocolate, Spring Rain, Versamark, Rich Cocoa (Memento), Creamy Caramel (Clearsnap), Antique Linen and Walnut Stain (Ranger)
Paper: Vintage Cream, Kraft, Lavendar Moon
Other: Vintage Cream satin ribbon, Apron Lace border punch (Fiskars), foam tape, sponge and corner rounder

12 comments:

Stimey said...

That's beautiful.

Diane Jaquay said...

Such a beautiful card! I love the birds nest, and love the calming colors :)

Heather P. said...

This turned out sooooo beautifully!

Aimes said...

So sorry to hear you need some sympathy cards...I think they're always the hardest to make when you need them. This card is beautiful, I love the colours and your take on the inspirational pic!
x

Leah said...

Absolutely lovely...the colors are perfect as are all your details.

Unknown said...

Melissa! get out! this is SO beautiful....you do great work with stamps and cardstock..:)

Heidi said...

Melissa this is beautiful! The colors are so soft and comforting. The scallops under the bow are perfect!

BethieJ said...

Melissa your card is LOVELY! I am sorry you had to make it..
Have a WONDERFUL weekend!

Serendipity said...

Your card is beautiful! I love it! I'm sorry you have to use it though.

Shannan said...

Sympathy cards are the hardest to make, but I think you did an excellent job with this one. It's really, really pretty!

Jen Carter said...

That is so pretty! Love the softness of it.

Nadine said...

This is lovely Melissa. Love how you popped out the bird and the scallops under the ribbon is a perfect detail. Thank you for sharing!