Melissas Paperie

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Baby gift set

It's finally back to school today for my kids, after what seems like forever!



I want to share a project that I made for a friend who just had a baby girl! I made her this keepsake box with drawers, one of my favorite projects to make. You can see the other boxes that I've made here and here , with a full tutorial. I made one for my daughter to match her room and we keep all her hair bows and barrettes in there.




I made the personalized label on the top of the box using Ambassador Monogram Edition to spell out the name and I cut out a flower from the patterned paper.



Along with the box, I made a matching card. I used the elephant from the Click Simple template "Rock a Bye Baby" and resized it to be smaller for my card front.



And the inside of the card got decorated as well.

I think that this project qualifies for our latest Papertrey Princess challenge which was given to us by Lee. You can see the details here . I also entered this project into the Guest Star Stamper contest.

Have a great day!
Melissa

"a new little someone" card and box (all PTI unless noted)
Stamps: Baby Button Bits, Inside and Out: Baby, Ambassador Monogram Edition
Paper: Vintage Cream, Lemon Tart, Enchante Evening, Oh Baby Boy! patterned paper (Basic Grey)
Ink: Enchanted Evening, So Saffron (SU!), Walnut Stain (Ranger)
Other: unfinished wood box (AC Moore), Enchanted Evening satin ribbon, gems,scalloped circle Nestabilitie Die, Foam tape, acrylic paint, sponge, Score-tape, Threading Waters punch (Fiskars), Elephant template from "Rock a Bye Baby" Click Simple template

22 comments:

Aimes said...

This is amazing! Those drawers are adorable (along with the card of course!) I'll bet your friend just loved it!
x

Heather P. said...

Such a fabulous gift!! :)

How lucky are you to have kids going back to school?! LOL, we were closed here AGAIN in Howard County. Sooooo hoping we're back tomorrow! :)

Val said...

Melissa, this is gorgeous. Just beautiful. I'm sure the mommy will just love it.

anya said...

Melissa, this is adorable! So well put together! I love it!

Anika said...

Great project! I love the memory box idea!

Jennifer K said...

That elephant is just the cutest thing - I just love him. And those boxes - what a fabulous idea. Lucky friend!

Anonymous said...

Oh mu goodness Melissa, I love your baby card. So cute! Love the elephant.

Carol's Ink Spot said...

What a beautiful treasure box! Your friend will love it. I'll be looking to see if you get chosen for one of the spots on PTI GSS!

B said...

Absolutely adorable! Love the little elephant and great box!

Mara Campbell said...

Melissa, this is adorable! I love the box and that little elephant is just the cutest. Great gift set!

Lori said...

Wow what a great gift!! You did a wonderful job.

Unknown said...

What a nice gift!! something beautiful and actually can be used, how smart!

Diane said...

What a beautiful keepsake! Great job on the Princess challenge too. Your friend is very fortunate to have you!

Diane Jaquay said...

This is SO SO pretty Melissa! I can't wait for that elephant to come out in a cut file ;)

Cheryl said...

Beautiful job, Melissa, and what a great project!

Sara Mac said...

What an amazing gift Melissa! I love the matching card too. Just perfect!

Mariah said...

Fantastic idea. Just gorgeous!

IamDerby said...

This is precious! Nice job!

Taheerah said...

Don't know how I missed this adorable project Melissa! It's gorgeous! I love your little elephant card (his little paper-pieced ear is so cute!) - I'm holding steadfast and waiting for the .svg file but God it's been a long wait!

Rose said...

I just love all the little gift sets you make !! So beautiful !

Geny said...

Fabulous project and card! Love every cute little detail!

Unknown said...

Adorable project!! That elephant is just so cute! Congrats on your win! :)