Melissas Paperie

Monday, February 8, 2010

Paint by Numbers Challenge

Happy Monday! We made it out of our house today despite the snow--which was quite necessary as we ran out of diapers! Another foot or so of snow is headed our way tomorrow, crazy!!

Being at home is rather nice though and I was able to get the time to participate in another PTI anniversary challenge! Today, we were given the sketch and assigned a color combination based on our forum username.





Orange is not a standby color for me, so this was definitely a challenge. I tried several things and ended up with this. I actually really dislike it, but at least it's done!



The card uses several background patterns from Background Basics: Retro. I added little touches with my white gel pen to add uniformity to the card. The sentiment is from Scattered Showers.

Hope you are having a nice day!
Melissa

"Congratulations" (all PTI unless noted)
Stamps: Background Basics: Retro, Scattered Showers
Ink: Raspberry Fizz, Terracotta Tile, Orange Zest, Ripe Avocado
Paper: Stamper's Select White, Ripe Avocado, Orange Zest, Terracotta Tile
Other: White gel pen (Signo), Apron Lace border punch (Fiskars), sponge, gems, Copic Marker (to color gems)

7 comments:

B said...

Its fun to stretch the bounds a little though! :) I love the touch of white that you added with the gel pen!

Heather P. said...

I think it turned out super cute!! :)

Cheryl said...

Great card! I love all of the patterns together.

Taheerah said...

We had the toughest colour combo I think Melissa! I think you're being a bit hard on yourself actually, your card turned out fine!! Really like that dotted strip!!

Diane said...

This was a tough color combo but you did a wonderful job!

Dana said...

*gasp* Not like orange??? Melissa what are you trying to do to me? *grin*
I do think the color combo you had was a challenge, but the ripe avocado on your card really pulls the other colors together.
Glad you made it out of the house!

Lindsay said...

I love those colors! I think you should try again. You might end up liking it.

BTW I hate snow. I hate my house. I am going CRAZY.