Melissas Paperie

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

August WMS Blog Waltz




Hello and welcome to my fellow Waltzingmouse Stamps Waltzers!

The theme of the blog waltz this month is vintage/shabby chic. Neither of these is my usual style, but I did my best!

WMS August

First, I took a piece of pink patterned paper (Echo Park) and stamped the birdcage from Asian Gardens onto it using Rouge chalk ink (Colorbox). Then I sponged the edges with Walnut Stain Distress ink (Ranger).

I then cut the aqua piece of patterned paper (Echo Park) using the Label 4 die and stamped the outline using Hawaiian Shores ink (PTI). The sentiment, from Say it With Style, was stamped using Rouge chalk ink.

WMS August close

I die cut a piece of Hawaiian Shores felt using PTI's Mat Stack 1 die and stitched around the edge with my sewing machine. I added a bow, adhered all the layers and gave the whole thing a good spray with some Tattered Angel's gold mist.

Thanks for looking at my project today and I can't wait to see all the beautiful projects!

Melissa

27 comments:

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Lovely colors together, I like the birdcage.

Pauline said...

Beautiful! Love the stamped bg, and the bright colours works so well!

Aimes said...

Now I love that you did shabby chich with such bold colours!!! Love your birdcage background!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Joanne Gilch said...

Pink and blue...lovely. the felt is a nice added texture. love that you make your own DP with the birdcage.

Clare said...

I love these colors together!! very pretty!!

Dana said...

HAppy Birthday Melissa!!!!!!!

anya said...

Beautiful, Melissa! I like all your hand-stamped DP and the added texture of the stitched felt. Great job and Happy Birthday!

Latisha said...

This style is hard for me too! However, I think you did fabulous!

Genevieve said...

Beautiful Melissa! I love your stamped bg & the stitched felt is very pretty :)

Heidi said...

Beautiful! I love the birdcage stamped on patterned paper Melissa!

B said...

Awesome! Love the fabulous bird background you created! So cool! And the pops of blue are just perfect!

Mona Pendleton said...

So darling! Your custom stamped DP is wonderful & I love how you used felt behind your sentiment!

Emilia said...

Lovely background and color combo.

Lee said...

This is lovely, Melissa. Great bg stamping with the birdcage.

Diane Jaquay said...

What a gorgeous card Melissa! I love the stamped background using the birdcage! Btw, thanks so much for the birthday card, I truly appreciate it :)

Laurie Marmon said...

So pretty! Love the backgrounds that you've created. The little bit of felt is definitely fun.

Helen Berry said...

simply beautiful card Melissa and I love that you used the birdcage stamp to create a background. Those colours look amazing together - lovely Vintage/Shabby card x

Janet said...

Nice. I like the felt.

Meredith MacRitchie said...

I scrolled through your blog a bit, and have to say I love your scrap page of your kids' first and last days of pre-school... what a great way to see how they change over the course of the year... might steal this one from you!

Cammie said...

Melissa, this is lovely! I love the colors you chose and that dp you created is gorgeous!

Ren-Yi said...

heh - i had the same dread & fear w/ this waltz's theme. you really knocked it outta the park with a fun modern twist on vintage & shabby. you can definitely pat yourself on your back.

Julia Aston said...

Love the pink and blue on this! and your great fabric framing of your sentiment - that bg stamping looks super to Melissa!

Kelly S. said...

I had to do a double take on the background, it's so beautiful with the bird cages stamped in a pattern! Love the bright pink with the blue...fab waltz card, Melissa!

Unknown said...

ooooh! pretty colors -- love the addition of the felt too...

Charmaine Stack said...

I like the way you created the backgrounds and the fun colours together. I bet it shimmers IRL!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

I love the way you created the background!!! Beautiful!!!

Laurie said...

So pretty Melissa! I love the felt you added!