Melissas Paperie

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Teacher Gift

It's almost back to school time! August 30th is the big day for us!

I got to work preparing a gift for my son's kindergarten teacher because this next week is going to be busy. I wanted to make something that his teacher might find useful for her desk even after the contents have been used up.

I found a wood desk organizer at AC Moore and painted the edges an ivory color and then covered it with some digital paper from Zoe Pearn, called Alphabet Soup for girls .

back

Even the insides got covered with paper--some cute polka dot paper!

inside

I made some bookplates using the stamp set, All Booked Up, and used self-adhesive paper, so they can be adhered directly into the book.

bookplates

I also created some bookmarks with the coordinating bookmark die, cutting them out with felt and sewing the paper onto them.

bookmarks

I also included a bottle of hand sanitizer, two erasers, a few packs of post-its, some pens, several small notecards with envelopes and a Barnes and Noble gift card.

out

And here it is all wrapped up in plastic, with the accompanying tag.

wrapped

Thanks for looking!
Melissa

19 comments:

Rhonda said...

Cute project Melissa!

Jennifer K said...

My goodness, that's one lucky teacher. You did a fabulous job putting just the right things in this basket. I'm just sure she'll love it.

Karen C. said...

Wow.. you did a great job. There's so much detail that I am sure your son's teacher will love this. I love the combo of felt, paper and stitching on your book marks, too.

Laurie said...

Oh my goodness Melissa! This is amazing! I love the paper you used! So cute! What a fun and thoughtful gift! I love it!

Jill said...

What a marvelous teacher's gift, Melissa! Everything is so pretty (love the pastels) and she can *use* everything over & over! Lucky teacher!

Keva said...

Wow!!! This is fabulous!!! I really love it. It's very thoughtful and detailed and SO SO nice!!

Jen said...

I love it... and I cannot believe you know who is teacher is already. We won't find out until Thursday...

Aimes said...

Oh what I'd give to be teaching your son! LOL! This is a fabulous gift and I love that all the contents are colour coordinated too!!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

IamDerby said...

This is a wonderful gift! Nicely done

Amy Kolling said...

This is such a thoughtful gift and it looks so nice packaged up!

B said...

Oh wow, what a fabulous teacher's gift! Love all the lovely contents!

Lori said...

melissa this is just perfect!! Well done and she is so lucky to be getting this!

Unknown said...

I just LOVE the colors u used, heck I love everything about it! such a beautiful gift!

Anika said...

I'm sure that your son is in my Kindergarten class this year - so you can just send that AWESOME gift my way! ;) Seriously, that is one lucky teacher. So pretty and cute! I {heart} thoughtful and crafty parents!

Dana said...

OMG Melissa. WOWZWERS! SO much work and creativity went into this gift...I'm stunned. Love that pink woodgrain paper, and the bookmarks are incredible.

Mara Campbell said...

This is an amazing gift set!!!! The colors are beautiful and I just love the bookmarks. Wonderful job!

Monica K. said...

Wow, Melissa! This is such an AWESOME gift for your son's teacher! Love the felt bookmarks and how you decorated the box. So amazing! Really great job!!

Tigriswillreign said...

This is so AWESOME! There is one happy teacher out there!

Jayne said...

Wow! I'd love for your kid to be in my class! This is beautiful!