Melissas Paperie

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Sprinkles and smiles

It's almost Friday!

I was in the mood to make a fun card recently, and this is the end result. I pulled out some of my old favorites: Cupcake Collection, Background Basics: Petal Power, my sewing machine and glitter!

Sprinkles and smiles

Here's a close up of the sparkle:

sprinkles and smiles close up

What a fun card to make! It's quite large...I think about 8 in x 5 in. Not sure how I'll get it in a envelope.

Hope you have a great day!
Melissa

"Sprinkles and Smiles" (all PTI unless noted)
Stamps: Cupcake Collection, Background Basics: Petal Power and Tin Types
Ink: Chestnut Roan, Deep Lagoon and Pink (Colorbox), Sweet Blush and Hawaiian Shores, Rich Cocao (Memento), Antique Linen and Walnut Stain (Ranger)
Paper: Vintage Cream, Hawaiian Shores, and Sweet Blush
Other: sewing machine, glitter (Doodlebug), Corner rounder, sponge, glue pen, foam tape, Hibiscus Burst satin ribbon, tab punch (SU!)

14 comments:

Diane Jaquay said...

I love this Melissa! Love how you used the tin types stamp to look like a tablecloth for your beautiful cupcakes!

Mara Campbell said...

Oh I love the glitter!!! So super cute!! And the embossing is great, too. Yeah for almost Friday!

Leah said...

Oh! Good enough to eat! Love all the glitter and your background stamping, yummy!

Ted said...

Melissa, this is awesome! Great job at sewing. I'm too nervous to try sewing around curves! LOL

Sue Ann said...

Can you send me one in the mail ~~ boy do they look delicious~~ Great job Melissa !! The color combo is SO HAPPY!!!

Dana said...

Oooh I like how big it is! Sometimes a big cards makes a bigger impact. SO fun with all the glitter and gorgeous use of BG stamps too.

Aimes said...

Oh you were brave to get the glitter out and the sewing machine but it was totally worth it!! A truly sweet card, I'm gettin' toothache just lookin' at it LOL!!!
Hope you're feeling better!
HUGS!
Aimes
x

B said...

Mmmmm, yum! The glitter looks fab and the sewing is fab too!

Anika said...

Super cute! Just skip the envelope - you can't cover up something so adorable!

IamDerby said...

Awesome card Melissa, I love all the glitter! So pretty.

Unknown said...

Very adorable card, love it Melissa!

Danisha said...

This looks like a lot of fun to make! So cute Melissa!

Tasha said...

Love it, I have got to get that set!

Jill said...

Mmmm . . . is that blue raspberry frosting, Melissa? ;-D I love your unconventional color choice, and all the sparkly goodness!!