Melissas Paperie

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Birthday cards

Hi everyone! Thanks for all the well wishes! We got better just in time to enjoy the rain-soaked weekend! I'm sure the sun will be out again sometime, right?

Here are two late-arriving birthday cards I made for two of my good friends who had birthdays earlier this month.



This card used Year of Flowers: Violets and the sentiment from Vintage Picnic.



The next card was inspired by Maile Belles' card here (scroll down to last card). I also used the tiny butterfly from Butterfly Dreams.


Thanks for stopping by!
Melissa

15 comments:

Taheerah said...

Really great cards Melissa! Very different looks to each of them but I think the second just edges it as my favourite because it's nice and bold!

Maile Belles said...

Wonderful cards and fabulous colors!

Suzanne said...

Hi Melissa, love your cards. I have the Year of Violets! Must try this.

Lindsay said...

The pink and blue card made my day! Thanks!

B said...

Lovely cards!

Anonymous said...

Oh very pretty Melissa! I love the second card you did. Love the frame sentiment. I tried to order that last night and was out of stock. Hopefully I will get it soon. Nice job!

Jenni said...

those are beautiful!

Diane Jaquay said...

I love the clean style of both of these! And I love how you filled in the white space of the sentiment on the second one with the little butterflies, neat!!

Heather P. said...

Both are so pretty! Glad you're feeling better!! :)

Shannan said...

Love the violets! Monochromatic cards are so striking, and you did a great job with this one! thanks for sharing!

anya said...

These are both fantastic - I love the color combination with the pink and navy. Gorgeous!

Aimes said...

Gorgeous cards! Maile is just so inspirational isn't she!
Love your work with Plum Pudding, another colour I need to learn how to love!
Aimes
x

Denise said...

I love, love, love, the one with violets.

Sherry said...

Super pretty cards!!

Mara Campbell said...

Beautiful Melissa!! You pick such wonderful colors for your cards.