Melissas Paperie

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Daffodils

Daffodils are one of my favorite flowers, as they signal the beginning of spring. We have some beautiful ones in full bloom at our house right now.



For my card, I stamped the background from Tin Types and heat embossed with white clear embossing powder. The daffodil was stamped, colored with Copics and cut out. I stamped the sentiment on the inside as the front was pretty full already.

Hope you are seeing the signs of spring where you are as well!

Thanks for looking,
Melissa

Daffodil (all PTI unless noted)
Stamps: Year of Flowers: Daffodil, Background Basics: Tin Types
Ink: Versamark, Summer Sunrise and Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Paper: Stamper's Select White and Terracota Tile
Other: 1/8" Silk ribbon, White Detail EP (Filigree), Copic markers

20 comments:

Lee said...

A beautiful card. You are seeing signs of spring and we are heading into autumn. I so love the cool, crisp mornings. Had enough of the stifling heat! LOL

Lindsay said...

Love this card!

Diane Jaquay said...

GORGEOUS!!! Love the embossing and the double ribbon, it all shows off the daffodil beautifully!!

Anika said...

What a stunning color combo! I love it!

Leah said...

Very pretty! I love the red background, really makes it dramatic. Lovely..

Rebecca said...

The white tin type on the terracotta tile paper looks awesome! Great card.

Jen Carter said...

This is beautiful! The colors just pop on that daffodil!

Janice McDonald said...

Love the double bows!

Anonymous said...

This is such a pretty card Melissa! I love the heat embossed background, and that flower is beautiful! No signs of spring where I am, its still very cold, yuck! Hopefully soon though.

Petr@ said...

Very nice card

LindaR said...

OH! So pretty!
I love the look of the tin type in white like that! And the ribbon and bows add such a pretty touch.

Sara Mac said...

Beautiful! I love the white embossing on Terracotta Tile.

Lori said...

Absolutely gorgeous Melissa!!

Cheryl said...

Beautiful card! I love the double ribbon, and those colors are great. Also, I think you've just sold me on Tin Types.

Sherry said...

Gorgeous!! Love the white embossed Tin Types on the background!

Gayatri said...

Stunning card. Love your double ribbon idea. The Tin Types background is beautiful.

IamDerby said...

Super pretty, wonderful coloring.

B said...

So lovely with such a dramatic bg!

Anonymous said...

Great card! I love your flower, and the tin type bb looks awesome stopping halfway

Suzanne said...

Awesome job Melissa. I absolutely love this card.