Melissas Paperie

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Cupcakes and hearts



When I was playing around with Tiny Treats, I decided to try stamping a background pattern--this is what I came up with. The card is quite simple, but I love those colors together and like how it turned out!



Thanks for stopping by today!
Melissa

"You take the cake" (all PTI unless noted)
Stamps: Tiny Treats: Valentine
Ink: Rich Cocoa (Memento), Melon Berry
Paper: Vintage Cream, Dark Chocolate
Other: Copic markers, Doodlebug Glitter, Melon Berry Satin ribbon, slot punch (SU!)

11 comments:

peggysue said...

What a cool idea to do a background with it! What patience you have stamping that over and over and over . . . and the coloring? Neat effect!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Love your card and that stamp set. I guess I'll have to break down and order it!

Ted said...

Melissa, I love this card and the background pattern you made... wonderful color choices! :)

Diane Jaquay said...

This is SO cute, great pattern! You've been a roll Melissa, I'm really loving the things you've been creating!

Aimes said...

OMG! I need to have this set to play with NOW!!! That background is totally adorable - it definitely 'takes the cake!'
x

B said...

Love your bg pattern!! How fun is that?

Kristen said...

This is FANTASTIC! I KNEW I should have ordered that Tiny Treats set...so cute.

Monica K. said...

I love your card and that background is awesome! What a neat idea! I will have to give that a try. :)

IamDerby said...

Very cute! That cupcake is my favorite image from that set.

Taheerah said...

Gorgeous card! I have been thinking about doing something like this with Tiny Treats, must give it a go!

Heather P. said...

ACK! Love this!!!! The colors, the cupcakes, the design, just awesome!