Melissas Paperie

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Happy birthday Colin!

My son's 5th birthday was last Sunday and this is the card I made him. He is getting too old now for some of my stamps that are more babyish (cars, airplanes etc) and unfortunately I don't have any Darth Vader or Star Wars stamps, LOL! But luckily for me, everyone loves balloons, so I made him this card:



And you'll have to indulge me as I share a few photos of him from his bug themed-party.

Here he is holding the millipede:






Thanks for stopping by!
Melissa

"Happy Birthday Colin" (all PTI unless noted)
Stamps: Everday Button Bits, Women of Life, Fresh Alphabet (for 5)
Ink: Dark Chocolate, Versamark
Paper: Summer Sunrise, Pure Poppy, Lime Rickey PP (Basic Grey)
Other: clear EP (Filigree), PTI buttons, epoxy dome sticker, Alphabet letter stickers from Lime Rickey (Basic Grey)

10 comments:

Serendipity said...

Love the card! And what little boy doesn't love bugs!!! Nice job on the cupcakes !!! And I can't believe he is holding that bug - BLAH!!! What a brave young man!

Belinda said...

Happy Birthday to Colin! Love the fun colorful card!

The Scrapoholic said...

love the card! cute lil boy! and yummy lookin cupcakes!

Diane said...

Your card is a perfect boy card!!! Happy Birthday, Colin!!!

Stimey said...

It's a wonderful card, and love the photos of Colin!

Cheryl said...

All of your projects are so cute--especially that little boy!

anya said...

What an adorable card, Melissa! That paper is fantastic. The cupcakes look great too (sans the bugs) but I love the grass icing! :)

Nadine said...

Happy Birthday to Colin!! What a fun theme, Bug Party. The card is very cute for a boy and I love how you highlighted the 5 on the balloon!

Dana said...

OK, when did you become a cupcake maker extrordinaire?! How awesome are they? You son is a cutie pie and that card is so cheerful and perfect for a 5 year old. That BG PP practically screams "kids" to me!

Aimes said...

Melissa your boy is ADORABLE! What a cutie!
Loving your card and know exactly what you mean about how handy Star Wars stamps would be LOL! My nephews are Star Wars CRAZY!
x