Melissas Paperie

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Raspberry Suite Color Challenge- Week 6



Another fun challenge from Dawn! These colors are beautiful together! I ended up making two cards with all my stuff already out.



My first card is a Congratulations card, could be used for graduation, job promotion, or to celebrate any of life's happy moments! I used PTI's 2009 Anniversary set to stamp the star background, as well as the little star cluster in dark chocolate from Out on a Limb. The sentiment comes from Dawn's own set, Scattered Showers.



The second one is an Anniversary card using Heart Prints as the background, stamped with aqua mist ink on aqua mist paper ( I notice now in the picture how much the ink is fading...)

Thanks for taking a look!
Melissa

"Congratulations"(all product PTI unless noted)
Stamps: Everday Classics, Out on a Limb, Scattered Showers
Ink: Berry Sorbet, Aqua Mist, Dark Chocolate, Versamark
Paper: Berry Sorbet, Dark Chocolate, Stampers' Select White, Aqua Mist
Other: Ribbon (American Crafts), star punch (?), Filigree Embossing Powder

"Happy Anniversary"
Stamps: Heart Prints
Ink: Aqua Mist and Dark Chocolate
Paper: Aqua Mist, Berry Sorbet, Dark Chocolate, Stamper's Select White
Other: Aqua Mist satin ribbon

26 comments:

2Bis2DO said...

Both cards are so cute, Great job.

Lee said...

Wow. That congratulations card is stunning.

Diane said...

I love both your cards but my fav one has to be the "Congrat" one! I think I see a "SPICE" coming on!

whoistracy said...

Oh that second card is so soft and sweet- love it!

leanne said...

Wow! Both cards are great. I love the stars on the first one!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Love your stars! I haven't broken those out yet, but now I have some inspiration for sure. Fabulous job on the color combo.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

B said...

HOw how fun! Love the colorful bg on the first one and the elegance of the second!

jen said...

Both cards are really great- but that 1st one really made me oooh!

Cheryl said...

Both of your cards turned out so cute! I especially like the star one. Great job.

Scrapping Julie said...

both are soo cute. i love the star one though, i cannot get enough stars!

Katy Myhre said...

Awesome job! I love the stars!

Susan said...

Gorgeous cards!! I love the congrats one with all of those stars!!

Kelley Eubanks said...

Both are cute! The star card is my favorite!

KatieTurtle said...

The star card is way way adorable. I love how you combined the colors together!

BethieJ said...

Melissa I LOVE the cards.. Both of them are FANTASTIC!!

Sanditerese said...

I love your cards. I'm going to have to make the one with the heart prints. It's so cute!

Val said...

Love it. Great job on the challenge. Love those stars!

Krista said...

Awesome card Melissa !

Geny said...

Those are both really really pretty! Great job using those colors together!

Jessica said...

Both of your cards are pretty. I really like the one with all the little stars. Very cute :)

Mara Campbell said...

Beautiful cards, love the one with the stars!!

Winter said...

Both are so cute! Love all the stars!

CeeCee said...

Oooh, great job with the stars. I'm somewhat intimated by using stars. You did a great job!
CC

peggysue said...

Do I have to pick just one? I think I like the card on the bottom, the monochromatic card. Very nice on both.

Amy said...

I love your starry congrats card!

Leah said...

Love both of these! Especially the star one:)