Melissas Paperie

Friday, May 29, 2009

Flourishes, stars, birds: oh my!



After feeling sick for a bit, I finally felt well enough and was able to breathe enough to be creative tonight! I made two new cards with the same layout but much different styles. This first one I had in mind as a congratulations, enoouragement or graduation card, using bolder colors.



The second is a bit mellower, with more of a vintage feel. The original idea of the card is inspired by Nichole Heady's card here . I was thinking about my friend when I made this and will send it to her to congratulate her as she enters a new chapter in her life.



Thanks for stopping by!
Melissa

"Follow your own Star" (all product PTI unless noted)
Stamps: Star Prints, BB: Text Style, Fancy Flourishes
Ink: Smokey Shadow, Pure Poppy, Summer Sunrise, True Black
Paper: Smokey Shadow, Select White, Pure Poppy, Summer Sunrise
Other: Pure poppy satin ribbon, sponge, dimensionals,

"New Beginnings"
Stamps: BB: Text Style, Birds of a Feather, Fancy Flourishes
Ink: Smokey Shadow, Plum Pudding, Cat's Eye chalk ink, Antique Linen Distress (Ranger)
Paper: Plum Pudding, Smokey Shadow, Vintage Cream
Other: Plum Pudding satin ribbon, sponge, dimensionals, paper piercer

6 comments:

B said...

Very pretty!

Mara Campbell said...

Beautiful cards, I love how you used the flourishes!! I really need to find some time to play with that set. You've inspired me to pull it out!!

BethieJ said...

BEAUTIFUL Melissa!! All of them are wonderful!!!
Have a GREAT day!

IamDerby said...

Fabulous! Love that poppy with the summer sunrise

Serendipity said...

I definitely need to get the Flourishes set! You showed it off so nicely!

Val said...

Beautiful cards. Love the star one especially.