Melissas Paperie

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Wedding cards



I made these cards recently; one for my best friend and husband and the other for my cousin and his wife. The pink and black matched the wedding colors, as well as the polka dots emulating the dice as the wedding was in Vegas!



For the second one I was inspired by their wedding invitations, which were beautiful and created by the bride, who is a very talented artist! I wanted to use floral and a bluish-green color. (It's difficult to see in the picture, but I used the small and large heart with flowers inside) I also wanted to use the same heat embossing technique as the other wedding card and make it simple and classy.
I carried them all the way across the country with me, but forget to give them out, so they are headed into the mail tomorrow!

Thanks for stopping by!
Melissa

"Happily Ever After"(All product PTI unless noted)
Stamps: Heart Prints, Everday Classics (Anniversary set)
Ink: True Black, Hibiscus Burst, and Versamark
Paper: Hibiscus Burst, True Black, Stampers Select White
Other: Hibiscus Burst satin ribbon, dimensionals, Embossing powder, gems

"Love Always"
Stamps: Heart Prints
Ink: Versamark and True Black
Paper: Ocean Tides, True Black and Stampers Select White
Other: Ocean Tides satin ribbon, dimensionals, Embossing powder

11 comments:

B said...

Oh so elegant!

Diane said...

These are both so beautiful. I really like the color choices as well as the designs.

Val said...

Those are really pretty. I really need to use Versa Mark more often. You've inspired me.

Cheryl said...

Both of them are very elegant. I especially like the second one. I haven't thought to use those two colors together, and you made it look beautiful.

IamDerby said...

These just blew me away. Love the black on black... very elegant

BethieJ said...

Melissa they are both STUNNING! I LOVE the black.. with just a touch of color! they are going to LOVE them!!!
Have a GREAT weekend!!!

peggysue said...

These colors are fabulous together, wow those black hearts look wonderful.

Lee said...

Your cards are really classy and elegant. The embossing is beautiful.

Niki Estes said...

These are beautiful, Melissa! I love the clear embossing on the black. Very elegant!

Serendipity said...

All of these cards are simply elegant! Very nice!

Nancy L. said...

LOVE, LOVE these cards!!
Simple yet so stunningly elegant!