Melissas Paperie

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Ladybug Frame



My friend asked me to make a picture frame for her to give as a gift and wanted me to include ladybugs. This is what I came up with.



I first traced the frame onto the back of the paper so I knew where to cut, and I trimmed off a bit more on each outside edge. I painted the front and back of the frame a charcoal gray to match the Cosmo Cricket paper. Once it dried, I adhered the paper with Scor-Tape and stamped and colored the ladybugs. I added some diamond stickles to each one and adhered with pop dots.

Thanks for stopping by!
Melissa

Ladybug Frame
Stamps: Inkadinkado
Paper: Earth Love (Cosmo Cricket)
Ink: Smokey Shadow
Other: Copic markers, Stickles, Acrylic Paint, Unfinished frame (Michael's)

7 comments:

IamDerby said...

oh this is too cute!

Dana Gustafson said...

Oh man Melissa! Those ladybugs and the detail cutting are perfection. What a special gift!

Barb Słomińska - Mucia said...

Cutie :) Yoy asked about my card, those are Wedding Cards for my cousin this saturday :) i'm glad you like it :)

sorry for my english :(

Mini Baker said...

i LOVE seeing your updates! I can't get over how creative you are! Your designs are so beautiful :)
-Mini Baker

Aimes said...

Ahh totally adorable! Lovin' those litttle ladybugs (well, ladybirds over here! ;D) your friend is super lucky to have you around!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

B said...

Love the fun ladybugs crawling on the frame! So cool!

peggysue said...

That is so very cute!