Melissas Paperie

Sunday, August 23, 2009

RSCC #15 and CPS #130



So I worked really hard on this card...starting it as a smaller size and then resizing the pieces for 5x7 card...but after all my work, I don't like it! I'm not sure what exactly I don't like...



I used a whole lot of stamps on this card and followed the CPS Sketch #130 as well as Dawn's Raspberry Suite Color Challenge #15 . And this also qualifies for our Papertrey Princess Challenge given by Lee to use a sketch.

Thanks for stopping by and hope this card won't scare you away in the future!!
Melissa

"So Happy For You" (all products PTI unless noted)
Stamps: Background Basics: Texts, Scattered Showers and Additions, Recipe Box Label, Fancy Flourishes
Ink: Vintage Cream, Hibiscus Burst, Melon Berry, Spring Moss, Walnut Stain (Ranger)
Paper: Vintage Cream, Hibiscus Burst, Spring Moss
Other: Gems, copic markers (for coloring gems), Clear embossing powder (Filigree), Melon Berry satin ribbon, Rustic Cream Twine, glue

14 comments:

Aimes said...

You silly thing LOL! This card certainly won't scare me away! I really like it - the flourishes work really well as stems and I think the tag is just adorable!
I think all your hard work was worth it!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Maureen said...

love the tag and the flowers that pop! Beautiful!

B said...

Very cool! :) Love the fun gems on the flower!

IamDerby said...

I like it! Love the flourish as stems. I feel your pain though, I was working on the same color challenge... put over an hour into the card and in the end didnt like it. I made a new one, hopefully I will get a picture of it tomorrow.

Taheerah said...

Love your use of Fancy Flourishes on this Melissa and love how you've 'crowned' the sentiment!

Julie said...

what are you talking about - this card is great, but i do know how you feel when you're not 100% happy with something it fills your mind with doubt but you have nothing to worry about :)
Take Care - Ju xx

Chris said...

I think it's come together really well - love those flowers and the bling in them!

Maile Belles said...

Won't scare me away, I love your style too much! I think your card it adorable!

Dana said...

Melissa, I had to click on the card pic to see all the details ups close. SO many things to see! From the textstyle BG to the aging on the edges to the bit of glitter on the tag I was wowed! I'm not sure what it is you don't like, but it's fab to us out here in blogland. No worries at all my dear!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Great bling and ribbon. Way to rock this color combo challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Anonymous said...

Melissa, I looooove the flowers!!!! Great card!!!!! TFS

Melissa Bickford said...

Are you kidding? This is beautiful! And what a fantastic idea using the sun from Scattered Showers Additions as a flower!!

suzARTe said...

another beauty, you are one talented lady :)

Savitri said...

Ok, LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE how you did the flowers!!!! Just a great card!!