Melissas Paperie

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Scrapbook pages

It has been forever since I did any scrapbooking for my kids' albums. My daughter's scrapbook is suffering from second-child syndrome compared to the bursting-at-the-seams two full albums I did for my son! So, I worked on a few pages for Kennedy's album tonight using some photos from the enormous pile waiting to be scrapped from the last two years of her little life!





The first page I made following a sketch from the Basic Grey July newsletter and I used Basic Grey's Lemonade paper collection.




The second one uses Basic Grey again, Junebug papers. I sewed a zig-zag stitch along the edges of the papers. Both pages use Bazzill cardstock, Walnut Stain Distress Ink and sponge.



Thanks for looking!
Melissa

6 comments:

ALW said...

Melissa--those are gorgeous. Caroline doesn't even have a baby book!

IamDerby said...

melissa- I dont think I have done a page in over a year. Poor second child (my son!).
That picture of your daughter with the sand is adorable!!! Your pages are fabulous too.

Belinda said...

So pretty! Love them both!

Mara... said...

Wow!!! Such great pages! I love the sandy face LO, my DD used to get sand all over her face too. Totally reminded me of that!! Thanks for the great eye candy!

BethieJ said...

I LOVE both pages.. your DD is sooo cute!!! Great job!! and um.. Yeah my DD at 9 suffers from 2nd child syndrome too! LOL! I gotta work on her book!!! :) she may want more then 3 pages by the time she is 18! HA HA!!

Stimey said...

Your kids are so lucky that you do that for them. Way to go, good mom!