Melissas Paperie

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Happy birthday

I had time to make some cards today and I decided to play along with Becky's Compose a Card #7.



I guess I didn't really follow the directions or inspiration piece to closely though, oops! I used Rustic Cream as a base and my patterned paper is green, not yellow! The flower outlines are cut out of black felt using the Beautiful Blooms #1 Die. This was definitely a challenge for me, but I'm glad I gave it a shot!

Happy Easter to those who celebrate it!
Melissa

"Happy Birthday" (all PTI unless noted)
Stamps: Beautiful Blooms 2, Delightful Dahlias
Ink: Spring Rain and New Leaf, Walnut Stain (Ranger)
Paper: Rustic Cream, Spring Rain and Green Boutique paper
Other: New Leaf grosgrain ribbon, Sprin Rain satin ribbon, New Leaf buttons, cream DMC floss, Beautiful blooms dies, Polka Dot Impression plate,gems

15 comments:

Leah said...

So pretty, love those flowers and I love your colors:) Happy Easter!

Nancy L. said...

wow, its really pretty!

Sue Ann said...

Good Lord girl that is beautiful!!!

Cheryl said...

Those button centers are so great! I love the colors, too.

Lee Anne said...

That is beautiful! I was confused by the measurements on this, but you weren't! Love that! I don't think that yellow was defined as being required in the patterned paper, so I think you are good! Your card is just beautiful.

IamDerby said...

This is gorgeous Melissa! I love the black flowers.

Anonymous said...

This is so cute! The the ribbon loops and the embossed polka dots

LindaR said...

So many wonderful elements to this card! I especially like the looped ribbon.

Ingrid Danvers said...

What a lovely card, Melissa. I hope my BBII dies will arrive soon. They are still at Dutch customs. Thanks for the inspiration.

Anonymous said...

I love it Melissa! Its very pretty. I love the green boutiqe paper. Happy Easter to you too!

Diane Jaquay said...

Beautiful card Melissa! Love your flowers :) Happy Easter!

Aimes said...

Happy Easter to you too! Well I love your interpretation of Becky's challenge - so very pretty and very green (my fave colour ;D)
Loving your embossed panel and row of bling!
x

B said...

Super pretty!

Diane said...

Very pretty, and I love all the different textures represented.

Dana said...

Melissa, you make the prettiest cards! Each time I visit here I think, "Oh, that's so pretty!" Bbut I can't type the same thing every time, so I try to find something else to say! I love your take on Becky's challenge, and think this card is just lovely. I like the row of rhinestones under the sentiment...I'm too chickne to use that many on ONE card! You are brave sister!