Melissas Paperie

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

This week has been crazy! I've been rehearsing the music and preparing for my trip to New York tomorrow, and my daughter got sick on Wednesday. Sick with a 104.1 degree fever! So we are unsure if she will be able to come (my husband would stay home with her). Hopefully this yucky virus will be gone by tomorrow morning so we can all go as planned.



Anyway, that has not left me with much time for crafting! I did manage to make a quick card. I was inspired by a beautiful card that I saw that used a large butterfly die to cut out the front, and then a background was stamped behind it. I can't remember where I saw this or who made it, if anyone knows what I'm talking about, leave me a comment and I'll post the link.

Hope you have a great weekend!
Melissa

"Happy Mother's Day" (all PTI unless noted)
Stamps: Delightful Dahlia, Background Basics: Petal Power
Ink: Scarlet Jewel and Raspberry Fizz
Paper: Stamper's Select White, Scarlet Jewel and Raspberry Fizz
Other: Gems, foam tape, 1/8" silk ribbon, Copic marker to color ribbon and gems

17 comments:

Ted said...

Love these colors and what a beautiful card. :) I've tried this myself (using the negative space)... you make it look wonderful!

Jen Carter said...

Very pretty! Great job!

I think it may be one of Maile's cards that you are looking for.

Jessica said...

Oh wow, what a stunning card! I love the idea of using a die-cut to make a "window" to the design behind. SO fun!

Angy said...

Cute, I did the same type of thing recently. Using the negative image as a window. Different but fun. Love the colors you used. Beautifully done.

Diane Jaquay said...

Very pretty card Melissa! Hope things work out for your trip and that your daughter feels better real soon :)

Dana said...

What music? Why are you going to NY? Have I missed some important announcement? FILL ME IN!
I hope your little one is better!

pattylt said...

I hope your daughter feels better soon. I'm sure she wants to see Mom perform and would hate to miss it. Can't wait to hear how the performance goes. Your card is fantastic! I think Maile did one using this idea and yours is so pretty. Love the colors you chose,too. Have a safe trip and break a leg!

Stimey said...

This is a really beautiful card. Any mother would be thrilled to get it.

Hope your littlest feels better and that you can all go to NY. Break a leg!!!

Val said...

Love the look of using negative space.

Hope your little one is better soon.

B said...

Super pretty! Hope your little one is better soon!

Lee Anne said...

This is so creative! I love the little flowers peeking out and the colors are beautiful!

Serendipity said...

I love the punch-thru look - very nicely done! I hope your daughter feels better!

Mara Campbell said...

that is really cool! I love the card!! And I hope your daughter feels better soon, no fun having sick kids.

Anonymous said...

Oh very pretty Melissa! I did a card like this on my blog, cased from Maile. Well done and I hope your daughter feels better soon!

Anonymous said...

Oh very pretty Melissa! I did a card like this on my blog, cased from Maile. Well done and I hope your daughter feels better soon!

Laurie said...

So pretty! Those butterflies are so fun aren't they? :)

IamDerby said...

Simply lovely! Love the colors and the layout. I hope your daughter feels better so the whole family can go to NY