Melissas Paperie

Monday, April 19, 2010

My Apologies



I needed a card to take into a secretary at my son's soon-to-be, in the fall kindergarten school. Why, you ask? Because my two year old knocked over and broke one of her jars the last time we were there filling out paperwork. Not the best first impression, so I wanted to be sure to redeem myself!



Not really knowing this person I played it safe using some pretty flowers and a simple layout. I used Delightful Dahlias for the blooms, which I stamped twice and cut out one set after coloring to pop up. The beautiful sentiment comes from Waltzingmouse Stamp's Say it with Style.

And I included a gift box with chocolates!

Thanks for coming by!
Melissa

"My Apologies" (all PTI unless noted)
Stamps: Delightful Dahlia, Say it with Style (WMS)
Ink: Rich Cccoa (Memento) and Antique Linen (Ranger)
Paper: Vintage Cream and Berry Sorbet
Other: Foam Tape, Copic Markers and sponge

22 comments:

Joan B said...

gorgeous!!!!! and smart thinking to butter up the secretary!

Teresa said...

Beautiful card. Great coloring. I'm sure she will forget about the broken jar when she sees this card!

pattylt said...

That beautiful card would do the job for me! Well, the chocolates would help, too. Love the card and the sentiment is just perfect. Don't you love how your children seem to change your plans for an outstanding first impression? Gotta love em, though. They keep us humble. The card will go a long way to change any bad impression she may have formed. Love it!

Laurie said...

Wow! This is so pretty!

Jen Carter said...

Fabulous! Wonderful job!

Diane Jaquay said...

Very beautiful! I'm sure she'll appreciate your thoughtfulness Melissa.

Leah said...

So pretty, your coloring is perfect and the colors are perfect.

Mara Campbell said...

wow, she will love it!!! I'm sure she was won over, the card is stunning!

Jackie Pedro said...

I would definitely call that redeeming yourself!! Beautiful card, Melissa!

Donna C. said...

As a teacher I can tell you for sure that the secretaries have all the real power. Stay on their good side. Gorgeous card!

Unknown said...

LOL, if this doesn't work, nothing will, it's gorgeous Melissa!!

Sue Ann said...

Oh I love this....... can you pm with the colors you used on your DD?? I am putting an order together and that is the exact shade I have been wanting for my DD's?? I cannot make up my mind which to get based on what they look like online!!!

Lori said...

Beautiful!! You did a great job, those flowers look so soft and lovely!!

Dana said...

Your flowers looks amazing Melissa. You could really teach me a thing or two! (please?) I like the sentiment too, different but totally needed sometimes. I'm sure if she's a teacher, she'll understand, but your gesture is very appropriate.

Anonymous said...

This is really gorgeous Melissa! I love the flowers, they are really great, super coloring! You will definitely be back in her good graces with that card:)!

Val said...

Your card is lovely Melissa. I'm sure she'll totally accept your appology. Besides, who can stay mad at a 2year old bearing gifts of chocolate. :)

Ellie said...

Love the coloring on this card very beautiful! TFS :0

Stimey said...

I bet she loves you now!

B said...

Very pretty!

Aimes said...

Whoops! Well at least your son's little faux pas gave you an excuse to get inky eh?! LOL!
A gorgeous card! I bet she'll really appreciate it!
Aimes
x

Nerina said...

This is such a beautiful card Melissa! I love your colouring. So sorry you needed it :0( , but I wonder if anyone else would have done something so sweet for her?

Unknown said...

beautiful card, love the DD and the colors, I am pretty sure she will love it!