Melissas Paperie

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Back to school!



My kids had their first day at preschool this morning! We are all excited (maybe I was the most excited??). This is Colin's last year in preschool and Kennedy's first!

I made a card based off the latest Card Patterns Sketch .



I used the Kim Hughes set "Spring Trees" and some Crate Paper and Basic Grey. This was a fun sketch to work with! I'm going to send this card in for the "Cards for Kate" drive that I learned about through Jennifer McGuire's blog . Hopefully I can make some more for her whole family.



Have a great day!
Melissa

"Thinking of You" (all PTI unless noted)
Stamps: Spring Trees (Kim Hughes/CFH), sentiment from Vintage Picnic
Paper: Summer Sunrise, Dark Chocolate, Crate Paper, Basic Grey
Ink: Rich Cocoa (Memento)
Other: Rustic wood buttons, summer sunrise buttons, Rustic cream twine, Copic Markers, Dimensionals

12 comments:

Jen said...

SOoooooooooooooo cute!

Barb Słomińska - Mucia said...

sweet card and Kids - good luck for them in school :)

B said...

Absolutely adorable! :) Love all the pp and the fun images!

Lindsay said...

Yay for adorable preschoolers!! I can't believe that tiny girl is in Mrs. B()s class! Or that she's not a tiny baby anymore.

IamDerby said...

Cute card, and even cuter kiddos! Man those preschool years fly by.

anya said...

So cute! Love this card! The patchwork of patterned paper looks great. And your kids are adorable! What cuties! ;)

whoistracy said...

What an adorable card! Who can resist Kim Hughes?? Love your cute little kids lines up for school, too.

Chris said...

Sweet card...love the popped up squirrel and how you stitched everything. Thanks so much for playing along with the Card Patterns sketch this week! I'm thrilled to be the sponsor and just posted my own card for the sketch on my blog :)

http://allamericanstampers.blogspot.com/2009/09/winter-color-trends.html

Aimes said...

Ahhh what cute kids you have!
Loving your card - the stitching is just as adorable as your main image! Love the added dimension! So sweet of you to donate your card to such a worthy cause!
Aimes
x

Leah said...

Super cute! I need to pull my set out and play:)

Stimey said...

Look how cute they are!!

dstandard said...

Adorable - love the stamp! Kim Hughes rocks stamps!