Melissas Paperie

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Crocodile birthday



Or maybe it's an alligator??? Today's card I made for my son to give to his friend. I had a lot of fun with this one!



I used Background Basics: Retro to make the "crocodile crossing" background and I colored each circle with my white gel pen. The crocodile is colored in with New Leaf trio of Copic markers.

Have a great day,
Melissa

"Happy Birthday Macky" (all PTI unless noted)
Stamps: Background Basics: Retro, "Happy Birthday" from Mother, Fresh alphabet, crocodile (Sandylion), star from Star Prints
Paper: Kraft, New Leaf, Vintage Cream and Dark Chocolate
Ink: Rich Cocoa (Memento), Antique Linen and Walnut Stain (Ranger)
Other: Copic markers, dimensionals, sponge, white gel pen, rectangle scallop Nestabilitie die (Spellbinders)

12 comments:

Traveling Mama said...

What a cute card! I love how you put the background on the diagonal! Great idea!

IamDerby said...

This is one of the cutest birthday cards I have seen in a long time! Adorable!

Stimey said...

So cute. Seriously. I want to frame it and put it on my kids' wall, and it has some other kid's name on it.

B said...

Super cute! :) Love the fun crocodile/alligator!

Cheryl said...

I LOVE that background! What a cute card.

Taheerah said...

Wow, that background stamping is amazing!! The crocodile is really cute and well coloured too! Great card Melissa!!

Sharron said...

Such an adorable card! Darling 'crocodile' and your green background looks great!

Anette Eakins said...

Oh my gosh, that background is fantastic. It is so cute with crocodile!
Anette-snowmom13

Kim said...

This is so cute! I love the background and the white dots add just the perfect touch!

BethieJ said...

Oh this is soooo CUTE Melissa.. I bet your sons friend LOVED it!!!

Aimes said...

Oh totally adorable! Crocodile or Aligator - it's cute! Your colouring rocks as always and your son is soooo lucky to be able to give such a fab card!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Amy said...

Love that background! So perfect for a crocodile card!