Melissas Paperie

Saturday, September 5, 2009

You're as sweet as honey



Hi everyone,
I'm back today with a simple card for SPCC #13 . The colors this week were olive, black, pink and yellow. When I saw those colors, my mind thought of bees--so I went with it!



I cut out the flowers and the bees and popped them up on the cardstock. I also went over the bees with a clear spica pen, but it doesn't show up in the photo.

Thanks for stopping by,
Melissa

"You're as sweet as honey" (all PTI unless noted)
Stamps: Honey Bees and Beautiful Blooms
Ink: Ripe Avocado, Hibiscus Burst, Lemon Tart, and True Black
Paper: Stamper's Select White, Hibiscus Burst, Ripe Avocado and Lemon Tart
Other: Dimensionals, Spica pen, Black ric rak

19 comments:

Aimes said...

This card is a sweet as honey (pun totally intended btw! LOL!)
Probably the last of the summer inspired cards this year eh? Love the dimension you've added with the flowers and bees!
Aimes
x

Lindsay said...

You've been busy! I love the rick rack.

Serendipity said...

So cute! I loved the popped up bees!

peggysue said...

And this card is just so sweet too!

Stephanie said...

Wow! Love this crad! Great job with these SPCC colors! Thanks for joining us!

Mara Campbell said...

so so so cute!!! I love the bees on the flowers!!

Susan said...

Your card is really cute! I love the layering.

savvy teaching tips said...

I love all the details. Great job!

B said...

Fun fun fun! :) Love the bees with the flowers!

Daniella said...

I love it!! Definately makes me think like bees too!
So glad you joined us at SPCC this week!!

Dana said...

What a lovely card Melissa! The black ricrac is just perfect and really pulls the eye inward toward the bees!

Craftastic Life said...

Beautiful Card! I love the bees!

Amy said...

This card is so sweet! I think the rick-rack is the perfect touch at the top. I also really like how you popped up the flowers and bees on different levels. Great work!

BethieJ said...

LOVE this one too Melissa!!! So cute.. love the popped up flowers and bees... Great job!

Anonymous said...

Lovely card! The popped up elements are great.

Melisa-SP Diva

savvy teaching tips said...

Love it! Awesome job.

Emily said...

So sweet! I love it.

Emily-SP Diva

thescrapmaster said...

Just beautiful!! The bees are perfect.
Hugs,
Samantha
SPCC Creator
http://spcolorcombos.blogspot.com

~kelly marie~ said...

Totally in love with this card! The idea of using bees is totally genius! I just love it!