Melissas Paperie

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Happy Birthday to you!



Hi everyone! I made this card following Dawn's latest color challenge . The colors are so autumnal and gorgeous together. I really enjoyed this challenge and I wished that I had PTI's First Fruits set to use that wheat image, that would have been perfect!



I used Background Basics: Retro, Autumn Abundance and Damask Designs for the sentiment.



Thanks for coming by! I appreciate your visit!
Melissa

"Happy Birthday to you" (all PTI unless noted)
Stamps: Background Basics: Retro, Autumn Abundance, Damask Designs
Ink: Rich Cocoa (Memento), Walnut Stain and Antique Linen (Ranger), Dark Chocolate
Paper: Bitty Box DP, Summer Sunrise, Dark Chocolate, Vintage Cream, Kraft
Other: Dark Chocolate satin ribbon, 1" cirle punch (Marth Stewart), Coluzzle circle cutter, Label One Nestabilites, sponge, dimensionals, Copic markers and clear spica pen

18 comments:

Aimes said...

Oooh so pretty and autumnal! Love it! I particularly like the layout and design of the card and your colouring is pretty fine too!
Aimes
x

IamDerby said...

Love this Melissa! You did awesome on this challenge!

peggysue said...

Oh look at the plaid, this is so pretty!

Leah said...

Really pretty! Love the colors together and your coloring is beautiful!

Andrea M said...

What a gorgeous card! I'm gonna have to get the autumn abundance set :) Beautiful job on the color challenge.

BethieJ said...

BEAUTIFUL Melissa!! I ADORE your card for the color challenge!! and that is one of my new FAVORITE stamp sets!! :)

Taheerah said...

Great job on the colouring here, and I love the layout with the Background Basics: Retro stamped background! Love it!

B said...

Lovely fall coloring and its just so pretty!

Andrea McCulley said...

Beautiful card Melissa! I love how you paired my favorite Autumn Abundance with Retro!

Edna Morrisedie said...

Great job, love the sunflowers, great for this colour challenge, nice work with the stamping on the BGs too!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Very pretty! Love the image and the great coloring. TFS!

Hollie Shepard said...

Great card! Don't you just love that stamp set!!! Your did a great job!

Anabelle O'Malley said...

Beautiful!!!

Amy Kolling said...

This is a STUNNING card!! Thanks for sharing!

Mara Campbell said...

Wow, another fantastic card!!! I love your coloring!!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Love your die and punch work. Fabulous job with Dawn's color challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Sue P. said...

What a beautiful fall card. Great coloring!

Amy said...

Great combination of all those lined backgrounds! I love your layout, too!